Red circles and spots just under the skin. Redness on left forearm after trimming. What could be the cause?

I have recently noticed red circles and red spots on parts of my body. These circles range in size from the diameter of a dime to an inch or inch and one-half. They do not itch and apperar to be just under the skin and do not appear to be raised at all. A few weeks ago these spots first appeared on the front thighs of my legs.Some of the circles had smaller circles adjacent to them or attached to them. There was no pain, itching or other discomfort. After a few days these circles disappeared. Then a few days ago they reappeared on my back shoulder area and on my arms with a few on my upper chest. One of my eyes is also extremely red and bloodshot. I have a family doctor but have not been to see him yet as I have an appointment on November 21st and thought I couls wait until then to discuss my ailment with him. I first noticed the redness on my left forearm after trimming some shrubbery and having gotten stuck slightly by some needles on the leaves of the shrub. Could this have caused my problems? Thank you for your assistance. I am a male, 71 years old.
Posted Fri, 8 Nov 2013 in Blood Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
The disease might be senile purpura.

Detailed Answer:
You are having ecchymoses and petechie on extremities and trunk.
The blotches appear and disappear.
I think that the disease may be senile purpura.
The disease may be due to age.
However, after consulting the dermatologist or heamatologist you may go for different blood rule out blood different types of purpura,leukemia,other XXXXXXX diseases..etc

Avoid friction or trauma to skin.

You may be prescribed vitamin C and K with topical thrombophob oint.

You do not worry about diseae,it would be alright.

I hope you got my answer, still any query, you are welcome.

Dr. Ilyas Patel MD