Red bumps on penis after rough masturbation. No pain or itching. Could it be genital warts?

Excellent

HIV AIDS Specialist
Question
hi,
ive had these patch of red bumps on my penis since december, and its beginning to fade. Ive looked online to see if any of the pictures would resemble mines and i did not find any. I notice the bumps after a night of rough masturbation. I have been sleeping with a girl for a month in a half and she has no symptoms of any STDs at all. i thought it could be genital warts but she had recieve a shot that prevents her from getting HPV. The bumps give me no pain and are not itchy what so ever. Im waiting to get home to got to the doctor to see what exactly is the reason for the bumps but by then i think that they will be gone. Ive never had an STD before and been tested numerous of times. can u help me out?? the bumps are not moist of anything they are dry but they are not rough they are smooth. Everyday they seem to fade a bit but somedays they don't look like they are fading at all. theyre no type of fluids leaking out or anything it just like little rises that came out of no where. Me and the girl hasnt had sex since the beginning of october and i notice the bumps in december after a night of rough masturbation with no type of lubrication. Im hoping its something to do with the no lub masturbation thing.
Posted Wed, 13 Feb 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 33 minutes later

No itching , no pain red bumps may likely to be genital warts. But it will not occur following vigorous masturbation. Genital warts will not regress spontaneously so soon.

Single shot of Wart vaccination shall not be effective. At least three shots are necessary.

Another possibility is just an edema of your foreskin following the vigorous masturbation. If it is very tiny and arranged in rows, then it may be PPP. (Pearly penile papule). Fordey's disease is also a possibility. They are not of any clinical importance. They are just the prominence of skin papillae. Nothing to worry.

Anyhow you consult your Dermatologist or Genito-urinary physician. He/she will help you to fix the exact diagnosis and further guidelines to follow.

Get well soon.
Dr S XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Red bumps on penis after rough masturbation. No pain or itching. Could it be genital warts? 2 days later
well the bumps that i described in the last post are not really bumps its more of red area that looks a little swollen. it is located under the penis just under the head. and there are also like four little bumps in a line on the right side of my penis with on big one in front. but all the same no pain no itching.

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 5 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

As I have mentioned earlier, it seems to be the PPP ( pearly penile papule) only. Red area may be due to some sort of Balanitis (inflammation) over which these Pearly white penile papules are situated.

In some people the opening of the smegma secreting Tyson's gland's opening may be seen obviously as a bigger one papule. These are all normal and can be ignored as they have no clinical importance and will not cause any harm in the future/

If you can send the picture of the region, a better opinion may be given on this.

As of now, you have nothing to worry. So just relax.
Dr S XXXXXXX

Follow-up: Red bumps on penis after rough masturbation. No pain or itching. Could it be genital warts? 10 days later
i was examining myself once again i got even more paranoid so i decided to take pics of the bumps in question and hopefully get some answers on them.. im so scared bc i think that they are genital warts. I havent had a STD in my life yet so this would be the worst. I just need you to explain how to get the pic to u.
And also can i add that i contacted my partner a few weeks ago and shes been tested and came back negative on any STD.. so now my question is could i develop a STD if she didnt have anything??

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 13 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX,
Welcome back with your questions.

STDs are almost more than 30 types. Not all are having definite tests to prove the same or rule out. Moreover, some tests are not so sensitive at earlier stages of disease. With the examination, history and with investigations only, one can diagnose a condition or multiple problems and rule out other conditions.

Therefore, it is not enough for you to satisfy with your sex partner's negative results alone. It is better to have been examined by a Dermatovenereologist or a Genitourinary physician and get clarified about your condition.

You have a feature to upload the reports/images by yourself on the right side of this query page. Please utilize it.

Alternatively, you may mail me at YYYY@YYYY with subject as “attention to Dr. S. Murugan”.

I hope that I have cleared your doubts.
Dr S.Murugan     

Follow-up: Red bumps on penis after rough masturbation. No pain or itching. Could it be genital warts? 17 hours later
These are the areas that worry me the most. Please tell me that its not genital warts. And if it is how long does it take to get rid of genital warts?

Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 7 hours later

I was able to view the pictures sent. They were useful.

They do not seem like a typical Genital warts. In fact I do not feel it is related to any STD et all. Rather it seems to be hypertrophied papillae of skin to me. You can consult a dermatolgist nearby who can perform a biopsy of the lesion and study under microscope to provide you a conclusive diagnosis.

It is not a serious problem and Laser surgery / Cryosurgey will be curative.

Get well soon.
Dr S.Murugan