Red bump on forearm, hard, not spider bite. Worried about staph

Dentist, Prosthodontics
I have a small red bump on my inside forearm near my elbow it is a red hard bump surrounded by a red circle, I do not think it is a spiderbite but I am afraid it might be Staph.
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Infections
Answered by Dr. Shivangi Gajwani Jain 3 hours later

The red bump may be due to an insect bite. Usually the bacterial infections like staphylococcus have pus discharge at the site which is visible to the naked eye.

The insect bites can turn purulent occasionally but if treated with anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic drugs usually the problem is resolved within a couple of days. Ice packs locally to the affected area thrice a day will also help in faster healing.

I would like to know the duration ie: since when the red area has developed on your forearm and also is there any itching present? If it’s recent then the aforementioned drugs would solve the problem and you must keep it clean. If it’s long standing then it may need further investigation.

I would recommend you to visit your change in your lesion.

Do write back for follow up queries that you may have.