Ask a Urologist   »  

Red and sore penis after having unprotected sex. Treated for yeast infection, no relief. Concerned

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
Hi after intercourse 2 week ago the area were my foreskin joins my penis is red and really sore, I've been treated for a yeast infection but its still the same but the pain isn't as bad now what shall I do,
Posted Fri, 5 Apr 2013 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 49 minutes later

Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that you have developed infection of Glans of the Penis and Foreskin (Ballano Posthatitis) following intercourse.

Was it a unprotected sex?

Please get following preliminary tests done to conclude your problem.
1) Routine Urine Test .
2) Blood test to rule out STD.
3)Blood Sugar Level to rule out Diabetes.
You will get results of these tests in few hours.

Please consult qualified Urologist or Dermatologist with reports of these tests for clinical examination. Topical antibiotic like Neosporin for local application over glans and foreskin will help.

Hope I have answered your query.

Please feel free to ask if you have any more questions I shall be happy to help you.
Thanks with Regards.
Dr.Patil..