Recurrent sore throat. Taken antibiotics. Can kissing be a reason?

Infertility Specialist
MY new boyfriend of 3 weeks gets a sore throat after we make out, but goes away the days we dont see eachother. When we first got together he was sick, then i got it i took anitbiotics and got over it. but the sore throat thing happens to him everytime we spend a lot of time kissing and goes away if we dont see eachother for a few days. I do not ever get a sore throat. what could be causing this?
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 15 minutes later

This is some firm of chronic throat infection.

I suggest you and your boyfriend see ENT specialist to get a throat swab test for culture & sensitivity of the organism causing repeated infection.

Take appropriate medicine after getting culture & sensitivity report.

Till then avoid kissing and further infecting.

Hope I have answered your query. Please write back if you have additional concerns.

Follow-up: Recurrent sore throat. Taken antibiotics. Can kissing be a reason? 54 minutes later
I do not feel I need to see a dr. because like i said, after my antibiotics I have been fine, no sore throat. Could it be that the same thing happen to him where the cold turned into an infection where he needs antibiotics and the kissing just aggrivates the throat?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 2 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

Merely kissing does not aggreviate infection. It does transmit infection. Every human being has different level of resistance to different organisms. Your boyfriend's immuunological profile may be different from yours. Hence ii asked for throat swab. If you wish to treat him with same antibiotic you took. Try once and see. If again infection persists, get throat swab which is ideal.

Wish you good health.