Recurrent itchy red rash between cleavage. Suggestion to get rid of it permanently?

Excellent

Question
Hi! I have an itchy, red rash in between my cleavage. I live in AZ, so I'm sure it's due to heat rash. I have been using witch XXXXXXX which helps, but then it comes right back. DO you have an recommendations to get rid of it and prevent it from coming back? Thank you!
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 2 hours later

A red itchy rash is due to infection of the skin more likely to be a fungal infection.

I would suggest you to apply an ointment containing antifungal and steroid over the rash and it should subside. To prevent its recurrence you may need to take oral antifungal by getting it prescribed from a doctor.

As the area can become moist due to sweat you should try to keep it dry by using a regular talcum powder or an antifungal dusting powder if your doctor prescribes it.

Hope you find these answer helpful. In cases of any query please write back and I shall help you.

Please accept this answer and close the discussion if you have no further queries.

Follow-up: Recurrent itchy red rash between cleavage. Suggestion to get rid of it permanently? 5 hours later
Thank you! Can you recommend a good over the counter anti-fungal or steroid ointment?

Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 6 hours later

Thanks for writing back.

As an over the counter cream antifungal cream you can use cream containing medicine clotrimazole (by name Canestan plain or Canestan-S is available with a steroid).

If you do not get relief please consult your General Physician or a Dermatologist for examination and treatment.

Hope you find this information helpful.

Warm regards