Recommend post exposure prophylaxis against Rabies

accidently entire vile of abharav was given stat, as PEP. What happeneds, what about doses on third, seventh, fouteenth and twenth eight day. Whether they have to be given or not
Posted Mon, 3 Mar 2014 in Infections
Answered by Dr. T Shobha Deepak 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Stray dog bite all doses to be given Detailed Answer: Hi Welcome to Healthcare-Magic Greetings of the day The recommended post exposure prophylaxis against Rabies to be followed is 1. Dose 1 : its given on day of exposure Dose 2: On the 3rd day Dose 3: Day 7th Dose 4: Day 14th Dose 5: Day 28th. In case of bite by stray dog all these doses are given and every time from separate vial. I hope this has cleared your query. Do get back to me if you need any further assistance. Take care Best Regards Dr T Shobha Deepak MBBS, MD