Recently married, low sperm count. Treatment to increase sperm count ?

Hi My Name is XXXXXXX Iam Marride Doctor Said I have low Sperm. What Can I do for increce my Sperm?
Posted Wed, 25 Apr 2012 in Men Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Mitaly 21 minutes later

Sperm count is the total number of sperms in a sample and should not be less than 10 million.Anything less than that is termed as Low sperm count.

I will advise you some do's and the don'ts for improving sperm health.
1)Dont Sit in hot tubs as high temperature can kill sperms.

2)Smoke – Smoking is associated with low sperm counts, decreased motility, and toxic reactive oxygen species from smoking do damage sperm. Restrict smoking.

3)Drinks – You probably do not need to completely abstain but you should drink moderately.

4)Exercise – Strenuous exercise may increase the temperature of your testicles. It may also cause changes in testosterone levels that lead to decreased production of sperm.

5)Laptop and cell phone use: Never keep laptop on your lap as it increases heat.Similarly avoid keeping cellphone in the jeans/trouser pocket.

1)Have a healthy nutritious diet comprising fruits, veggies, salads etc. Include bananas, avocados, nuts, tomatoes as they help in increasing sperm count.

2)Take a Zinc supplementation once daily for few months.

3)Do some form of exercise daily.

4) Avoid stress and practice meditation.

5)Consider adding lean read meat to your diet.

Red meat is good source of L-Carnitine.
Some suggest eating two or three servings of red meat per week to improve sperm health and sperm production.

Hope this answers your query.I will be available for follow up query if any.