Recent EKG states have possible left posterior fasicular block and sinus bradycardia. What should I do?

Question
My recent EKG states that I may have possible left posterior fasicular block, sinus bradycardia, rightward axis. What should I do?
Posted Mon, 30 Sep 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Nothing if asymptomatic

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this query.

I am sorry to hear about these findings and all the troubling thoughts that this must have raised.

If there are no disturbing symptoms, then doing nothing is the way to go.
However, I will like to suggest that you keep your blood pressure values controlled and maintain it in the normal range to avoid complications resulting from poorly controlled high blood pressure.

All these possible abnormalities are left alone unless they cause symptoms like exercise intolerance, passing out, irregular heart beat, etc. If this be the case, then please consult your cardiologist.

I hope this addresses your query fully. Ask follow up questions if you need any clarifications and I would gladly address them. I wish you well.

Dr. Ditah, MD

Follow-up: Recent EKG states have possible left posterior fasicular block and sinus bradycardia. What should I do? 19 hours later
Could the EKG changes be related to the medications that I am presently taking? What is the long term impact to this borderline reading?

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 19 hours later
Brief Answer:
NO

Detailed Answer:
None of these drugs could be responsible for your findings.

The best thing to do is to get a follow up exam in a year's time to find out what the ECG findings are. If these findings were to stay static over time, then I would say there are no complications that would develop as a result of this. However, if you should develop more extensive findings, then symptoms could develop. Through monitoring, we would be able to pick this up pretty early and address them to minimize consequences.

I hope this addresses your query. If you need any more clarifications, please feel free to keep the discussion going.
I wish you well.
Dr. Ditah, MD