Received stitches on eyebrow. Have swollen with scar tissue from sutures. Safe to apply cold pack and massage scar tissue?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
fell on sidewalk on my eyebrow hard received 6 stitches initial swelling gone down but still a-little swollen with scar tissue from sutures in corner they look like pimples they are soft and painless ,its been one month since accident when will complete swelling go down and scar tissue flatten and go away . is it ok to put cold pack and massage scar tissue? when i wake up in morning swelling is complety gone and then it swells up again.
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 41 minutes later
The mild swelling that you have at the stitch line is due to a mild inflammation in the area. This is likely to subside completely in next 4-6 weeks.
This does not need any treatment or a massage. You can do a cold compress on the area if the swelling increases.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.