Received actemra iv for acute rheumatoid arthritis. Have sore throat, esophageal pain. Valley fever?

Troubled Multi-Autoimmune Disease patient (Me: American Professional Agency Director in the public sector of State government): received 1100 mg of Actemra IV for Acute Rheumatoid Arthritis last Sat. Also on injectable hi-dose Methotrexate weekly plus Lyrica daily. Have noticed sore throat over the past 10 days which has progressed to extreme pain, difficulty swallowing liquids and food, and post-ingestion upper digestive pain. Feels like something is stuck in my throat or what i envision to be my Grandma's description of 'hiateial hernia' (sic) No real history of digestive problems. Have taken OTC digestive aids with no relief after 48 hours. Feel deep 'esophegeal' pain (above belly button), swallowing pain, plus sore throat. If this is a scam, please decline. I can call my PCP/RHEUME/Cardiologist Monday am. Just trying to determine if I should go to the hospital this weekend. Upon resting, hurts & feels like food is stuck in the back of my throat and the tube which guides it down to our stomach. My chest hurts / feels a little heavy, it hurts to swallow and to burp, plus their is a chronic dull ache in the back of my throat, plus post-nasal drip. Could I have Valley Fever, or have contracted some other Virus due to my comprimised immune system? Or is this another aggressive progression of the RA? I have never experienced anything like this before
Posted Fri, 3 May 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Divya Agarwal 6 hours later

I went through the details with diligence.

The symptoms reported above definitely points that you may have contracted some infection. The possibility of actemra induce gastrointestinal infammation / perforation also needs to be excluded.

I suggest you to continue antacid while you gargle with warm salt water to soothen the throat. You also need to consult your physician / gastroenterologist who will run a few tests to confirm the possibility.

At this point without an opportunity to examine you, I am unable to provide you any further information. I am sure we will have answers after your doctor visit.

Hope this helped. Let me know if you need clarifications.