Reccurenece of supraventricular ectopic beats after stopping coradorone. Does this need urgent medical attention?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Question
I am a female aged 33, WEIGHT 55 KGS HEIGHT- 5 FT 1 INCHES.I was diagnosed with supraventricular ectopic beats 1.5 years ago. This was detected with an ECG. The echocardiogram results came to be normal.I was advised 400mg of coradorone daily for 6 weeks and the dose was gradually reduced adn then discontinued. With medication my problems (of palpitations ) diminished. However within a couple of months of stopping medication the problem resurfaced. I again completed a full course of cordarone . But the problems reappeared after stopping medication. I did not take any further medication. Recently since the last two months I am having frequent bouts of dizziness coupled with a buzzing in my ears, pounding in the heart, a pins and needles sensation in my palms and feet , and a clogged feeling in my throat. Is this due to my arrythmia problem? Does this need urgent medical attention? What could cause this? [ I also have PCOS].
Posted Mon, 9 Dec 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Raja Sekhar Varma 15 hours later
Brief Answer: Further evaluation needed for arrhythmia Detailed Answer: Hi Thank you for your query. It is unlikely that occasional supra ventricular beats produce so much symptoms. However, since only ECG has been done, it may be better to evaluate the arrhythmia with a 24 hour Holter test so that the exact burden of the disease can be made out. Also, it would help to diagnose any other associated arrhythmia. Amiodarone is an effective drug but does have a lot of side effects. It may not be necessary for minor arrhythmias like occasional missed beats. If there are any significant arrhythmias, it could also be possible to see if radio frequency ablation can be done as a curative measure. Finally, the symptoms described can also occur with other conditions including anxiety and stress. A detailed clinical evaluation is definitely indicated. If you can send me scanned copies of the diagnostic ECG and Holter reports, I can help you further in reaching a decision. Feel free to contact me for any further clarifications. With regards Dr Raja Sekhar Varma, MD, DM Consultant Interventional Cardiologist

Follow-up: Reccurenece of supraventricular ectopic beats after stopping coradorone. Does this need urgent medical attention? 3 days later
Thank YOu. I shall send you the scanned copies of my reports soon. Thanks XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Raja Sekhar Varma 22 hours later
Brief Answer: Will await your reports Detailed Answer: Hi Thank you for your prompt response. I will wait for the copies of the reports. Thanking you Yours sincerely Dr Raja Sekhar Varma, MD, DM Consultant Interventional Cardiologist