Reason for swollen clitoris, itchy vagina, and yellow discharge?

Question
hello i have been experiencing yellow discharge from the vagina. in 2012 i found out i had an std chlaymdia however you spell it but got treated the discharge decreased but did not leave i didnt go back to get checked but lately it had increased. My vagina itches badly the clitoris has became swollen and seem to have a mushy discharge. I have a tiny lil bump on it nothing comes out of it though. But i am wondering what could be?
Posted Sun, 16 Mar 2014 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Saul Weinreb 38 minutes later
Brief Answer: Chlamydia Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for using HCM, I would live to help There are several possibilities, but I can tell you what I think is probably going on. First of all, I assume that you haven't had sex with the same partner again that have you the chlamyidia unless he was treated as well. I ask that because I am assuming that you were treated and that you didn't become reinfected. If it is possible that you were reinfected, then you may news antibiotics again. Assuming that you haven't gotten chlamyidia again, what probably happened was that after the chlamydia cleared, you got a yeast infection because if the antibiotics you took for the chlamydia, this is rather common. That would explain the discharge and the itching and the clitoris can get irritated as well due to the inflammation and itching. The first thing to do would be to get some over the counter medicine for yeast like monistat, and hopefully that will clear it up. If that doesn't do the job, you should see your doctor got cultures again and an exam. The other possibilities include that you may have gotten another std like herpes along with the chlamydia, however I don't think that is the issue because your symptoms aren't typical for herpes, but your doctor may be able to tell on an exam. I think it is yeast, and u think the treatment will help. I hope this helps you and you get relief. please let me know if you have any more questions.