Reason for soreness on lower ribs cage?

Feb 2013

Left and right lower ribs sore. A out the first four on each side. Doesn't hurt directly below breasts or above. Sternum is not sore. Ribs going around the back are also sore.
Posted Sun, 24 Feb 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 40 minutes later
Thank you for your query,
The soreness of lower ribs cage seems to be because of musculo skeletal pain.
Do you have any cough or breathlessness?
Do you have any history of Asthma?
Any history of physical trauma or excessive physical exertion in recent times?
If there is excessive exertion of rib cage and their attached muscles because of excessive cough or rapid breathing, the pain develops in the lower ribs.
The connection of mold to the present problem can be established if there is any symptoms like severe cough, followed by breathlessness and rapid breathing leading to chest tightness after exposing to the mold.
For sore ribs you can take Tylenol in prescribed dosage for symptomatic relief of the pain.
So kindly provide me the information I have asked to give you the proper advise.
Follow-up: Reason for soreness on lower ribs cage? 9 minutes later
Hello and thank you.
No breathlessness but does hurt if inhaling XXXXXXX breaths. No asthma and no trauma or major physical exertion. However soreness did start day after running the mile for physical Ed class. No coughs. There is a history of tightness of chest when breathing. Have been to emergency more than once due to tightness of chest, wheezing as if an allergy attack. But doctors have found no plant or food allergies.
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 24 minutes later
You are welcome.
The running the mile for physical Ed class may be the cause for your sore lower ribs because of muscle exertion, and XXXXXXX breathing may aggravate the pain.
Take proper rest, and you can take Tylenol every 8th hourly in the prescribed dose.
If the pain still persist, consult your Physician for the examination of chest and respiratory system.
Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.
Follow-up: Reason for soreness on lower ribs cage? 2 minutes later
Thanks for your help. I'll be making an appointment for tomorrow. Appreciate your time
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 16 minutes later
You are welcome and thank you too for consulting me on Healthcare Magic.
Hope you will be free from the pain.