Reason for excessive discharge after unprotected sex?

I had unprotected sex a week ago. I began having a lot more discharge then normal. It is still happening. Do i have an sti?
Posted Mon, 10 Mar 2014 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 22 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hello, I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: Please answer the following questions: 1. Is there any itching, burning or odor? 2. Is one week ago the only time over the last year that you have had unprotected intercourse? 3. Please describe the discharge in more detail (color, consistency, etc.) Thank you.
Follow-up: Reason for excessive discharge after unprotected sex? 17 minutes later
There is no itching and the odor is the same as it usually is when i occasionally get discharge. I had a physcial and everything was fine down there. Then i had unprotected sex and something feels different. Not burning but kind of tingling? I dont know how to describe it. I have attached a photo..... As you can see there is a lot. And i can currently feel it coming out of me now. It has been a week and im out in the field working so i cant get into doctor for another couple weeks. Please help:(
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 8 minutes later
Brief Answer: Thank you for the followup... Detailed Answer: Even though you had a recent checkup where everything was "normal", the problem seems to have come on all of a sudden and is not normal for you now. Whether or not this is related to the episode of intercourse is uncertain. It would be a little soon to have symptoms related to the more concerning STD's such as chlamydia or gonorrhea, so I would focus on the more common causes such as yeast or bacterial vaginosis (BV). Given your lack of access to a doctor, I would go ahead and treat this as a yeast infection with a 7 day over the counter yeast treatment. If this is BV (a bacterial infection) then you will require a prescription. If you were to call your doctor for prescriptions, you could ask for: 1. Oral diflucan 150mg now and repeat in 3 days 2. Metrogel 0.75% placed twice daily (vaginally) for 5 days This would cover the two infections that I mentioned. Also, regardless how you respond, you need to go back in for repeat testing and STD screening. I hope that this helps.