Ask a Urologist   »  

Rashes on the penis after protected intercourse. How to get it removed?

Question
I recently had protected sex and i have noticed an odd oval shape marking on the shaft of my penis. Its approximately 1/4" in diameter and is relatively flat. The skin is discolored as well.

Is this cause for concern and is there any method for removing this marking.
Posted Thu, 19 Apr 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Radhika 33 minutes later

I have seen the picture you have sent, the lesion seems to be oval in shape with mild chaffing too. There seems to be discoloration too.

There is no need to worry since you have had protected intercourse. There is a probability it might be due to fungus, contact dermatitis or possibly eczema too. You could use over the counter 1% hydrocortisone cream or antifungal ointment like Lamisil AT.

If the discoloration is accompanied by itching, rash, redness, or discomfort, then you will need to get investigated for sexually transmitted infections (STI). This is in case you had previous unprotected sex. You will need to get it investigated under the guidance of Dermatologist.

Till then wear cotton underclothes, keep the area dry, and use mild soap. If any soap or detergent has been changed then you will need to stop its usage

Hope I have answered your query. I will be available for follow up queries. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.