Rashes on butt cheeks not cured by applying hyderm. How to get rid of these rashes?

Dermatologist
Question
I went to the clinic with rash (itchy/burning/sore) on the inside of my butt cheeks. The doctor said to try Hyderm and if that doesn't work to go back and see her. I don't think it is working because my butt is still sore. Been using the Hyderm for 3 days now. I am getting married in 6 days and need to get rid of this fast. What can I do???
Posted Sat, 20 Oct 2012 in Skin Rash

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXX,

Thanks for writing in.

The condition you are dealing with can be tinea corporis(a fungal infection),
follicultis, contact dermatitis etc.

If its any infection like fungal or bacterial it will not respond to hyderm.Even hyderm can aggravate the infection as it is steroid cream.

Most likely possibility is tinea or fungal infection for which you can apply clotrimazole cream (antifungal)along with soframycin cream (antibacterial cream)
both are over the counter drugs.

For rapid relief oral prescription drugs would be required.

If you can upload good quality photos of the affected area it will be helpful in prediciting
the condition.

Hope this helps .

I will be available for follow up.

Regards.
Dr XXXXXXX
Dermatoogist.

Follow-up: Rashes on butt cheeks not cured by applying hyderm. How to get rid of these rashes? 2 hours later
I have a cream called Viaderm-k.c
will this help?

Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 5 hours later
Hi again,

You can try Viaderm kc for a day or two.It may help a little and decrease symptoms.

To cure the problem completely , proper examination and a visual impression is a must.

Best thing to do would be to visit a your general practitioner or dermatologist.

Hope this helps.

Regards.