Rash on arms, taken prednisone and cortisone, scarring, using non-sensitive soap. What is going on?

I have broken out in this HORRIBLE hive like, spider bite like, rash al over my arms , (diagnosed as some type of hypo dermotitigitis skin diseas rash that will NOT go away on my arms and a few on my stomach and a few on my leg . I have been through 2 rounds on prednisone and had cortizone creme, and NOTHING has helped it is AWFUL . I have had it since the end of February. I drink Coke a Cola every day and have to say honestyly ( my fav food is mcds fries :( ). MY medications are take 200 mg topamax, 20mg adderal, 2mg clonazapam n 40mg celexa. i was taking 200mg lamictal but my family doc told me to stop taking it because it could cause rashes and liver problems that has not made a difference sincei have stopped taking it i am just more irritable and really have not noticed too much of a difference in the rash, maybe a llittle bit? , she did put me on a 4mg medication that i take 3 times a day that is a sort of anti histimine that is supposed to keep me from scratching it helps some but not a lot....

. i am just REALLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY irritated. I NEED help. I do not have insurance to go to a derm here i ony can go to the community hospital so it really does not help me much at all.... it is frustraing... and i am TIRED of my skin scarring and no one knowning what is wrong with me.

i have bought the non sensitive skin soap. not changed my soap not changed my detergent. was exposed to scabies and bed bugs due to helping a friend move but went to the doctor she said that it did not look like that nor was there and the bed bugs i fumigated my bed and no one else in my house is breaking out like this or this is not hapening to them.

i have always had semi sensitive skin when it coms to like the sun etc if i am out to long sometimes i break out in little bumps on my skin but NEVER EVER EVER like this...and the ittle dots or bite marks almost is what they look like. i have NO IDEA what is going on in my body...

please help me ...

Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. P V S Prasad 13 hours later
I went through your detailed history. It seems you must be suffering from lichen planus. It is a type of immunological reaction to an unknown antigen. Psycological factors may worsen it.
It is a chronic disease but unlike psoriasis it does not recur.
You have to consult a dermatologist to confirm the diagnosis by doing a skin biopsy. Threr are several good druga apart from steroids but you may to take only under supervision by a dermatologist.
Hence pl don't postpone your visit?
Have a good day
Prasad pvs