Rash in penis, burning urination, painful ejaculation, swollen nodes in groin, painful sore under tongue. Risk of HIV?

Question
hello doctor, i sometimes visit massage parlours and get a simple hand job, nothing ever more,

a few ago, i develloped a rash around my gland(im circumsised) burning upon urination,painful ejaculation, swollen nodes in groin area only,and a painful sore under my tongue, burning in my toes(lasted 3 days). The painful urnation lasted about 2 weeks, all symptoms are now completely gone including swollen groin lymph nodes,

i tested negative for uti,chlamydia,herpes and ghonnarea, im really scared of hiv. Is it possible that i contracted hiv from these handjobs, has it ever happened that someone gets hiv from these acts, are these symptoms of primary hiv infection,

should i get tested , the doctor said i had some kind of skin infection or balanitis,

can balanitis happen in circumsised males, im freaking out,

please tell me if i was at risk of anything serious like hiv,

what is she had a cut on her finger i didnt know about,

are these symptoms of hiv infection, if she had a cut, am i at risk, please help me get some sleep, i havent slept more than 2 hours straight in over a month
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in HIV and AIDS

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

I can understand your concern.

I think your doctor is right, what you had is suggesting of some infection and which is now properly treated. You are not having any complaints now.

By and large, the symptoms are not suggesting of primary HIV infection.

Above all, you did not have any direct exposure. The lady being HIV positive, having cut in hand and the cut was oozing blood from it and it come in contact with your penis, sounds very unlikely.

Again, the risk of contracting HIV would have been the most if you had unprotected sexual intercourse or shared infected needles with someone. The risk as such is very less by this kind of exposure. I think you need to relax and just follow the advice given by your doctor.

Balanitis can occur in circumscribed males.

Putting all this things together, I do not see the need for HIV testing at present.

In any case, the test for HIV (Enzyme linked immunosorbent assay or ELISA) detects substances called antibodies in your blood, which take anywhere from 3 weeks to 3 months to form. In some individuals, they may take upto 6 months to form.
I hope this answers your query. I will be happy to answer any follow up query that you might have.

In case you do not have any further query, please accept the answer.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: Rash in penis, burning urination, painful ejaculation, swollen nodes in groin, painful sore under tongue. Risk of HIV? 21 hours later
so from what i mentioned, i have no need to test for hiv?

has hiv ever been contracted by a handjob?

are the symptoms i had hiv related?

and yes, all the symptoms are now gone, except for the anxiety of all this

since your a doctor, as anyone in history ever contracted hiv from a handjob,

i never saw any blood oozing, thats for sure, i would have noticed blood on my penis because i always clean afterwards with alcoohol

am i safe doc?

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

Yes, as discussed earlier I do not see a need for HIV (Human Immuno-deficiency Virus) testing in your case at present, as the symptoms are not suggesting and type of exposure that you had.

In my knowledge I have not come across a patient who has got HIV from hand job.

Blood on penis after hand job may be due to vigorous hand job, again this is not common. I hope that you doctor must have done local examination for this.

Please relax.

Dr.Pragnesh

Follow-up: Rash in penis, burning urination, painful ejaculation, swollen nodes in groin, painful sore under tongue. Risk of HIV? 6 hours later
i havent seen any blood on my penis at all

Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 3 hours later

Good to hear from you again.

Sorry, I misunderstood it.

Do not worry, nothing more needs to be done at this stage.

There is no reason to worry about HIV infection.

Regards.
Dr.Pragnesh