Rash around anus after drinking alcohol and smoking pot, soreness, bleeding. Reason?

Jul 2012

why do i get a rash around my bumhole after ive been drinking single malt whiskey ? I used to also get it when i smoked pot aswell. I gets qute irritating and sore and can bleed a little bit.
Posted Tue, 2 Oct 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 2 hours later
Hi there. It does seem likely that you have an allergy to some component & are manifesting signs of some sort of FDE (fixed drug eruption). Now this is a misnomer & 'drug' does not literally mean 'drug'. It can happen with any medication, foods, food additives etc. So it is very possible to be allergic to multiple allergens. It is more likely a problem with some preservative. Keep a steroid ointment at the ready & apply it for a few days will subside. If the irritation is more, take a once daily dose of fexofenadine180 which is a non-sedative antihistamine & may be taken sans complications. Perhaps best to avoid the single malts! Cheers & Good Luck!