Raised bumps around genital area, legs, stomach. What are they?

3 brothers ages 2, 4 and 6 have raised bumps around genital area, legs and belly. Have been appearing and disappearing for a few weeks. They seem to be getting worse, but still no more then 10 pimples per child. What are they? Do I need to take them to the doctor?
Posted Tue, 9 Apr 2013 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Kalpana Pathak 2 hours later
From the description it seems, the brothers might be having scabies. However, I would be in a better position to help you out, if you could attach an image of concerned area. It would help me in diagnosing the problem and suggesting an appropriate treatment.
Scabies is a mite infestation characterised by itchy bumps over the areas mentioned. Itching occurs usually in night.
Treatment involves single overnight application of permethrin 5 percent cream.

Hoping to hear from you soon. Take care