Purple spots, no pain or itch, chronic condition, darker, more noticeable. Causes ?

I have purple spots all over my body almost look like bruises but not exactly they don't hurt itch or anything I got blood work to check platelets that came back fine. These started about three years ago only few now I have them all over some days the darker and more noticeable then others days
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Skin Rash
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 5 hours later

I shall help you by opining better if you can provide me with some more information on your problem and sending me the images of the problem you have.

Do the rashes aggravate when exposed to sun ?

May I know the approximate size of the lesions ?

Have you tried any medications for the same ?

Are you exposed to any kind of chemicals in your daily work ?

Give me some more details on the distribution of the lesions,

And do send the images of the lesions you have to YYYY@YYYY

Anticipating your response.
Follow-up: Purple spots, no pain or itch, chronic condition, darker, more noticeable. Causes ? 11 hours later
Yes Marks seem to get more noticeable in sun
They are all different shapes and sizes
No I have not tried any meds because I don't know what to even take
No I'm not exposed to any chemicals
The marks are purple resemble bruises but are not
Will sent photos soon
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 6 hours later

Thanks for the information shared and the image sent.

After going the details I do suspect it to be blood related illness more than a actual skin ailment,where bleeding into skin layers may present with such rashes.

Well the platelet count being normal rules out the same for about 50% , but there are other plasma (clotting ) factors related test like PT ,APTT ,INR which have to be executed to rule out the bleeding disorders completely.

Other possibility I could think of is Pityriasis Rosea which is of unknown origin that typically begins as a pink patch on the back or chest, arms, legs and neck. The patches may itch and appear more prominent when the person becomes warm, such as during physical exertion or bathing. Sometimes people experience fatigue and body aches with pityriasis rosea.You may have to consult a dermatologist to rule out the same as a detailed examination helps a lot.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any follow up queries I will be available to answer them.