Pulsating lump above temple, noticeable vein around it, no sign of bruising. What could it be?

Oncologist, Surgical
Hello, I just noticed a lump formed just above my left temple and is pulsating. The vein next to it is also noticeable but there is no pain, soreness, or any abnormal feeling...I don't believe that I hit my head while sleeping as there is no sign of bruising or tenderness.
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 1 hour later
Dear Sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. This lump must have been there for a few days but you might have noticed it recently. If you are saying it is pulsating, then it could be a vascular swelling (an aneursym) and you need to consult a surgeon immediately for this problem.
Make sure that you dont press the swelling or get it evacuated from a local doctor because it can bleed a lot.
A surgeon will assess the swelling and advise whether it requires removal or not.
From your description is does not look cancerous

Hoping for the best. Please feel free to clarify any other query.