Puffy face, fatigue, rash on arms, chest and back. TSH came back normal. Any suggestion?

Hello, hello I would really appreciate some help with a problem I've had for many years. Basically i have a whole bunch of problems that stops me from doing pretty much anything. I'll list the symptoms i have: It feels as though i have fluid retention/puffy face. I have a underlying rash on my arms, chest, back, legs & face. Fatigue/Tired all the time & weakness. dark circles under eyes depression from feeling bad/looking bad I Had blood tests for Thyroid (TSH) which came back normal, but I've read its not a very accurate test for overall thyroid (Need three T3 and three T4?). I had a blood test for gluten sensitivity which came back as normal (I fasted for 12 hours prior to my test). My diet is very clean, and I am even trying to cut out gluten anyway for a month. I had another doctors appointment today and was told all my symptoms appear to be anxiety/stress related.(I've had a very stressful 6years) I would appreciate your opinion
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear Sir, Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX Well looking into your problem I would like to tell you that it is true that you are having multiple problems but I would like to believe your treating doctor as he has examined you in person and only after complete examination and evaluation he would have reached to this conclusion . Your problems also give me some hint of you suffering from fibromyalgia or chronic pain syndrome. Talk to the doctor who examined you about this condition. For thyroid TSH is very specific; but ideally free T3 and T4 should be done to rule out thyroid disorder. You can consider these tests too. If you are having good diet it will show up in 2 months - its effectiveness, so please continue it . Take care . Dr. Shruti
Follow-up: Puffy face, fatigue, rash on arms, chest and back. TSH came back normal. Any suggestion? 6 hours later
Thanks for your reply, I would just like to add that I get a feeling of pinching on my nose frequently with pressure around the eyes and head. Do you think its related? or just a problem on its own in the sinuses? I think I used to have fibromyalgia when i was 17-20 but I no longer have those pains, just fatigue. Also what do you think about the rash? Is there anything you can suggest for me to get rid of it? it makes me miserable! does it look like something is wrong with my gut or anxiety/stress related like my doctor said? she said it appeared dry skin. One last thing i just realized.. I eat 1000 calories a day, sometimes less. I've eaten this way for along time, could eating less calories than your supposed to for your body weight/height (Im 5'11 feet and weigh 183 lbs) cause the symptoms i described and a distended abdomen? thank you in advance !!
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 19 hours later
Brief Answer: Follows. Detailed Answer: Dear sir, Thank you for reverting back. Your symptoms seem to be related to stress , there is some component of irritable bowel syndrome also. What you are thinking as gluten intolerance can be IBS . Yes 1000 calories is very less for a person like you . Diet not enough in proteins lead to swelling of body and less in fat will lead to dry and scaly skin . People having anxiety have multiple symptoms which can be related or unrelated . Please follow your doctors advise as treatment will be required for solving this problem . Wish you good health . Dr. Shruti