Private is all red and itches. With scratching it feels better. Itching on vulva and huts. How to cure it?

My private is all red and itches like crazy I can not stop. Scratching down there it starts to feel better and now it starts to itch it is on the vulga it hurts
Posted Thu, 23 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 1 hour later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

What you are describing sounds very suspicious for a possible yeast infection. I would recommend that you go to your local pharmacy and purchase clotrimazole topical cream. I would apply this to the affected area three or four times per day for the next several days. If the symptoms do not improve you might consider contacting your physician to consider a possible prescription medication to improve your symptoms.

Thanks again for sending your question. Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Dr. Galamaga