Presence of mixed skin flora in an eye discharge culture. What does this mean?

Hello my newborn son had an eye culture done and restults said rare growth mixed skin flora isolated. What does that mean?
Posted Sat, 24 Nov 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
The presence of mixed skin flora in an eye discharge culture is a normal variation and is not suggestive of any pathology. It is not indicative of any abnormal infection and can be taken care of with usual eye massage which is usually recommended by the pediatrician.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.