How to get rid of dark circles under eyes due to eye strain?

I have a huge problem of dark circles under my eyes due to eye strain, as i work for long hours before the computer. Can you please suggest me some ways to get rid of these dark circles.
Posted Thu, 8 Nov 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later

These sorts of dark circles around eyes occurs due to several reasons but in young adults the most common causes are prolong stress on eyes, sleepiness and anaemia.

They disappear spontaneously with the treatment of the cause like correction of anaemia usually iron deficiency, correcting sleep habits and reducing stress on eyes and performing eyes massage during works.

The medicinal option is use of hydroquinone cream with oil mixed moisturizers which significantly reduces the dark circles.

Hope this would help you, if you still have some query, feel free to ask.

Follow-up: How to get rid of dark circles under eyes due to eye strain? 7 hours later
Can you please suggest me the medicine company name so that i can purchase the exact medication for the treatment?
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 9 hours later

Thanks for the reply

I can suggest you many brands; but I don't whether they will be available or not in your country. You can ask about formulation and you will get the available brands which all have same effects.

Some drugs that are available internationally are melanex, lustra, etc. A few which I found on web that are available in India are depig, eslite and brite. But get only the 2% solution; don't use 4% as it may cause more side effects.

Discuss with your nearest healthcare provider to know about alternative available brands.

Hope this helps. If you still have some query, feel free to ask