Prescribed with lubowel 24 for difficulty in passing stool. Can i continue with this medicine?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I was prescribed lubowel24 when I had difficulty in passing stools andnow I seem to have loose motion. Should I continue with the medicine? My email
Address: YYYY@YYYY
Posted Sun, 16 Dec 2012 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 2 hours later
Lubowel 24 is a laxative Containing lubiprostone and usually given as twice daily dosage for constipation.
However it's known to cause diarrhoea as a sideeffect . In your case since you are having loose stools you should stop the laxative as of now and you should ask your doctor for an alternative in case you suffer from constipation in future.
Meanwhile you should drink plenty of water and have a fibre XXXXXXX diet to prevent constipation .
Also make sure if any medication you are taking is causing an iatrogenic constipation and do discuss it with your doctor.
Hope I have answered your query.
I'll be available for any follow up queries.