Prescribed with ciproflaxacin for pain in testicles. Should I go for a STD test?

My husband went to the urologist for pain in his testicals and was prescribed 90 days of ciproflaxacin there is swelling in his testicals as well. He was not tested for chlamydia or transmitted diseases. He has pain in his testicals. Do I as his wife need to get tested for an STD. He did not tell the doctor he has had more than one partner. Do I have to worry about getting sick. Why would the doctor prescribe 90 days of cipro just for a prostrate infection? Concerned wife
Posted Sat, 16 Nov 2013 in Sexually Transmitted Diseases
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Urinary tract infection

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for the query

Prostate infections are difficult to treat and we do prescribe antibiotics for a prolonged period of time in prostate infections. It looks like the doctors have done a urine culture test in which organisms were sensitive to ciprofloxacin.
He definitely needs to be tested for STDs if he has more than one partner. Please get him tested for gonorrhea, syphilis, HIV, and chlamydia. You will need to be tested as well if his results turns out to be positive

I hope I was of help, if you have any further queries please get back to me