Prescribed with Losartan for blood pressure. Taking Gemfibrizol and Amlodipine. Suggest

No residual weakness from TIA. No problems during walking. BP is ranging from 130/75 to 170/95 depending on the time of day and the schedule for the day. Have substituted Losartan (Cozaar, 100 mg./day) for the Lisiniprol due to dry cough associated with Lisiniprol. Still taking Plavix, 75 mg daily, Gemfibrizol 600 mg./BID, Amlodipine 10 mg. daily and Zanex, small dose as needed daily for anxiety. I think my BP is still running too high on average. What do you think?
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 25 hours later
Brief Answer: Best drugs that can be used for controlling bp Detailed Answer: Dear sir Welcome to healthcare magic Being an author of national levels journal articles in the topic of hypertension, I will definately help you find the solution. You have postural variation of blood presure along with diurinal vafiation too.. secondly you are unable to tolerate lisinopril due to dry cough so it has been replaced with losartan, but the best alternative for lisinipril is telmisartan, which equals efficacy of ace receptor blockers to alpha receptor blockers. Secondly taking amlodepine will improve the blood pressure but increases the fluid retention and edema so instead of it you can sustitute amlodepine with cilidepine which does not have any side effects.. After selecting drugs, consult yiur doctor and select appropriate doses, usually aceb or arb should be given at night and amlodepine or cilidepine should be at morning.. So even after if your blood sugars are not controlled then after consult your doctor you can add centrally acting blockers like moxonidine or direct renin inhibitors like eplerenone in appropriate doses.. Hope after combining all these options you can form a good treatment protocol after consulting your doctor Thanks
Follow-up: Prescribed with Losartan for blood pressure. Taking Gemfibrizol and Amlodipine. Suggest 42 minutes later
Overall, are my prospects for returning to running better now that my system is stabilized? Is is not the end of my world If I can't run any more, however I have to keep up the exercise. I don't know the chances of another TIA or more sever stroke with re-assumed exercise versus my old physical condition with a night job at 3 a.m. and then a regular job, 8-5 p.m. I think that was a lot of strain on my system. I would run another Marathon (26.2 miles) if I knew that my system is prepared through proper diet, good medication, plenty of sleep and a good work-out schedule. And I know my age is a factor, but I believe overall my physical condition is a lot better that most my age. If another stroke happens, it happens, but I know my heart is strong and my muscular and skeletal system can take the conditioning. What would you advise?
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 8 hours later
Brief Answer: You can run a marathon Detailed Answer: Dear sir Happy to answer follow up quiery If you keep your blood pressure in control by taking medicines, surely you shall free from the risk of TIA and stroke.. you can run marathon also, don't worry All the best Thanks