Prescribed primolout n to regularize period. Had unprotected sex when on this medicine. Need for ipill?

i supposed to had my period on 23 of may. but my period didnt came so i went to my doctor and gave me primolout nor 5 for 10 days. i started drinking them from 4 of XXXXXXX and 6 days have left to finish them. i had unprotected sex on 9 of XXXXXXX do i have to drink the pill too during promolout nor?
Posted Sun, 7 Jul 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 24 minutes later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
Primolut is a hormonal tab. Given to regularise the cycle by inducing withdrawal bleeding.
You should start the pills front next cycle and use barrier methods like Condoms for current month.
Also do a urine pregnancy test to rule out you are not pregnant.
I hope the advise would be helpful for you.
Follow-up: Prescribed primolout n to regularize period. Had unprotected sex when on this medicine. Need for ipill? 2 minutes later
so is there any chance that im pregnant?
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 11 hours later
Welcome back,
It is very rare but there are always chances of pregnancy with unprotected intercourse.
So be care careful & use barrier method till you get your period.
You were supposed to get your period on 23rd May & you did not get it even after taking Primolut-n so it is better to get a urine pregnancy test done to rule out pregnancy.
I hope your query has been answered.