Premature ejaculation. Is regular masturbation the reason?

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jun 2013
Jun 2013
Question
i m 28 yrs male Delhi. I got married 3 yrs back & i have been suffering from quick discharge problem as i used to do masturbation daily before marriage. I m suffering from high sensitivity problem as many times i got discharge in innerwear at very early stage of sex. I didn't do full intercourse with my wife yet. There is a big sensitivity problem even many times i get discharge when i/she touch my penis during sex. I never took any medicine. Not suffering from any disease.
Posted Sat, 27 Apr 2013 in Sexual Problems

Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 11 minutes later
Hi there,

I understand your concern. Let me make it clear that premature ejaculation is not due to earlier masturbation. There are few things which you can try for prolonging the time. Try doing more of foreplay before the penetrative sex. Along with it you may need to see a psychiatrist who will prescribe medications to help with delaying ejaculations. In your case SSRIs or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors will help delay your ejaculations since you have premature ejaculation. I hope this helps.

Also penetrative sex can happen only if you are having proper erections. Assuming that premature ejaculation is your only problem, SSRIs should take care of your problem. Please also do plenty of reading on sexual intercourse and female/male external genitalia on the internet with relevant sources.

I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day !

Follow-up: Premature ejaculation. Is regular masturbation the reason? 17 minutes later
Sir i told u that i never able to go for the penetrative sex as i got discharge. As far as Foreplay is concern, all the times i got discharge during foreplay & in my inners.
plzzz suggest me what to do or give me some medicines
My penis got fully erected during foreplay but not more than foreplay.
I never did sex with my wife

Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 6 minutes later

Thanks for the follow up. I understand your problem. SSRIs or selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors like citalopram, escitalopram or sertraline would be very effective in delaying discharge of semen during sex i.e. for premature ejaculation. I hope you consult with a psychiatrist to get prescriptions for these medications.

I am sorry that you have not had penetrative sex with your wife. I wonder if she should also visit with the psychiatrist along with you so that you both get couple's therapy and have a great sex life henceforth.

Good luck. I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely time !

Follow-up: Premature ejaculation. Is regular masturbation the reason? 36 hours later
Hi Doctor
Thanx for ur consultation to XXXXXXX a Psychiatrist.
I wanted to know that should I visit to a Sexologist also for the treatment??

Answered by Dr. Sushil Kumar Sompur 53 minutes later
A psychiatrist can help you sufficiently enough if he / she is trained in these kinds of matters. Otherwise you might want to get a referral to a sexologist. I hope this helps. Take care and have a lovely day !