Pregnant with high FSH and low AMH. Prescibed with ovacare, progynova, ovigyne. Are these safe?

Is it recommended to take progynova in the early pregnency (tor1st or 2nd week), why the doctor had prescribed it?

I had diagnosed with high Fsh and very low amh. Doc prescribed ovacare, progynova, ovigyne and reommended IVF, However the pregnancy occured naturally. Doctor has still asked to continue progynova. As per information available in internet this medicine should not be taken during pregnancy.

Could you please guide on this?
Posted Tue, 12 Jun 2012 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 12 hours later

You should immediately stop progynova as it is estradiol (a kind of estrogen hormone) which is to be avoided during pregnancy. Discuss with your obstetrician and plan to stop progynova.

Regarding ovigyn and ovacare, they are safe to be taken during pregnancy; though in my practice, I do not give ovacare during pregnancy. Ovacare contains multivitamins and antioxidants and during early pregnancy, I avoid any un-necessary medicine.

In addition, you must take folic acid tablet if you haven't started yet. You should XXXXXXX your local gynecologist for further management of pregnancy.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if you have any further queries.

Best wishes
Follow-up: Pregnant with high FSH and low AMH. Prescibed with ovacare, progynova, ovigyne. Are these safe? 4 hours later
Thanks a lot. The doc knows about the pregnency and asked us to continue progynova till she do the scan on day 10. She has also prescribed Lupigest-200 for two weeks.

Thanks in advance for advicing again.
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 41 minutes later
In my opinion progynova should be stopped. Regarding lupigest, you can continue, it is safe in pregnancy and supports pregnancy.

Best wishes