Pregnant with cramps and brown discharge. Why does it hurt my pelvis area? Why does it hurt while urinating?

I am 29 and 11 weeks pregnant and had some cramping two mornings ago. When I went to the bathroom there was a faint brown discharge when I wiped. It has also been on again off again burning and it constantly hurts my pelvis when I urinate. I've also noticed the past few days that when I wipe after urinating there are tiny thin brown flecks on the toilet paper-they range between brown to dark brown in color. I thought they looked hard so I touched one of them and it smeared on my finger. Does this sound normal or should I be concerned? I have been prone to UTI's in the past, so the burning when urinating is not unusal feeling to me. The rest is as this is my first pregnancy!
Posted Tue, 26 Jun 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 15 minutes later
You need to get a urine culture done first.If you have been prone to infections in the past,its possible that you have one now.Your symptoms do seem to suggest that.Its important to note whether the bleeding is occuring from the urinary system or vagina.In early pregnancy spotting is common but if it continues,then there may be complications.You should consult your doctor if the bleeding is per vaginum so that you can be started on some medications like progesterone for further support of the pregnancy.The urine culture should be done asap so that appropriate antibiotics can be started.Meanwhile,avoid sexual contact and get as much bed rest as possible.