Pregnant, wants to abort child. Taken mifeprin, no periods yet, no nausea. What should I do?

i m 22 yr old, i m pregnant. i had last period on 17 oct. i want to abort this child so yesterday i took one tablet of mifeprin but my period not yet start. please tell me what should i do? before eating the tablet i was always feeling like vomiting but now i m not feeling like that.
Posted Fri, 13 Apr 2012 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 2 hours later

I can understand situation you are in and you wanted to get rid of unwanted pregnancy.

Your pregnancy is less then 45 days, tablets can definitely help in your case.

There is fixed dose regime which you need to follow and after completion of that you will have bleeding. Along with mifeprin you need to take another drug.

It is advisable that you consult a gynecologist for this at the earliest. This tablets needs to be taken under medical supervision only.They must not be taken without advise.

These pills at times can lead to some side effects like excessive bleeding, abdominal pain, vomiting etc; in some cases they can be severe also, requiring treatment.

Please visit a gynecologist and take his advice and complete the course.

I can understand that you might have reasons for not visiting a local doctor, still I will strongly advise this for your good health and avoiding any further complications in future.

I hope this helps, in case you have further queries please write again I will be glad to reply that.

Please accept the answer in case you do not have more to ask.