Pregnant taking 3 akt for TB. Sonography showing low lying placenta. What are the possible complications?

Question
hi sir /mam i am pregent 17th week but not any symtoms i take 3 akt for tb and i did sonography at 14 week pregancy ,i have low lying plancenta . plz suggest what types complications , can i stop 3 akt i have 9month complited.
Posted Mon, 21 May 2012 in Pregnancy

Answered by Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware 40 minutes later
Hello;
During pregnancy the placenta moves as the uterus stretches and grows.
It is very common for the placenta to be low lying in early weeks of pregnancy.
But as the pregnancy continues, the placenta moves to the top of the womb.
By the third trimester(28 weeks to 40 weeks) the placenta should be near the top of the womb so that the cervix is open for delivery.
Sometimes even after 36 weeks the placenta partly or completely covers the cervix this is called a placenta previa and in such a condition normal vaginal delivery is not possible.
Severe vaginal bleeding is the most common complication in placenta previa.
Mainly this complication can occur in the end of second or in the third trimester.
Now since you are 17 weeks pregnant in your case it is better to repeat an ultrasound around 18th-20th week of pregnancy to see if the placenta has migrated towards the top of the uterus.
I guess your doctor will advise you ultrasound at this time as it is the ideal time for fetal anamoly scan.
As far as whether you can stop the AKT treatment,I would suggest you to consult your treating doctor (since you have completed 9 months) and let her examine you and then decide whether to stop or not.
I hope this answer is helpful to address your concerns.
Please accept this answer if you have no further queries.