Pregnant, had severe knee pain and swelling. Unable to bend leg. Suggest?

Hi Doctor ,

I'm 11 weeks pregnant. I had sever knee pain(left knee) last thursday & friday (15/08/2013 & 16/08/2013). Knee has swelling too.For past 1 week I had leg pain during sleep . I was not able to bend my legs. But now I'm completely fine. My regular check up is on Monday (26/08/2013) Is it safe to wait till then or should I consult my doctor imediately . ? Please advice .
Posted Thu, 5 Sep 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 25 hours later
Brief Answer:
Regular check up will suffice

Detailed Answer:

Thanks for asking on XXXXXXX

There can be many causes to your problem including some type of arthritis, some viral infection or some injury. Leg pain in nights is also common in pregnancy and can occur due to calcium deficiency or blood pressure disturbance.

As you are alright now, it seems to be some local cause and you can wait till your regular check up.I will advise you to get your blood pressure checked once in a near by clinic.If it is alright,then you can wait till your appointment.

If this episode occurs again,then you can use local heat or pain relieving gel or paracetamol tablets for pain relief.

Good Luck
Hope this information is helpful and informative.
If you have further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL: