Pregnant, checked blood sugar and was elevated. How to overcome this?

My wife checked blood sugar today (she is in her 33rd week of pregnancy). After breakfast (she had tea and buscuits also) the reading was 152. plz suggest wat all are the issues and how can we overcome this
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Guru 59 minutes later

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!

Actually in pregnant women, according to standard guidelines the blood sugar levels should be between 70 and 130 mg/dL before meals, and less than 180, two hours after starting a meal. However, I suggest you to get fasting levels one more time and also discuss the results with your gynecologist. There are various treatment moralities in pregnant women to overcome increased blood sugar levels when confirmed. So, please do not worry and importantly do not miss discussion about this with your gynecologist.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions, please let me know!
If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer.

If you like my answers and wish me to answer in future, bring it to my attention: Dr Vasanth. Url link is as follows:
Wish you good health.

Follow-up: Pregnant, checked blood sugar and was elevated. How to overcome this? 2 minutes later
How can we control and maintain correct blood sugar level
Answered by Dr. Guru 47 minutes later

Thanks for follow up.

There is nothing much she can do at home now(as she is in 33rd week of pregnancy). However, as I said if increased blood sugar levels are confirmed, the doctor may start insulin therapy.

Wish you good health.