Pregnant. Took emset tablet by mistake. Should I be concerned?

May 2013
I have taken emeset 4 od one tablet by mistake morning after breakfast I am nine week pregnant.
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Category B drug

Detailed Answer:
No need to worry.
Emset contains ondansetron. Which belongs to category B drug in pregnancy.
Means animal studies shown no adverse effects on the fetus but human studies are lacking.
As you took only one tablet that may not cause any major problem.
Taking the tablet either before or after food may not have much influence on its efficacy.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer followup queries. If you are satisfied with the answer, please give your review at the end of the discussion.