Pregnant. Reason for feeling dizzy and vomiting after eating?

Im 24weeks pregnant. This morning i woke up and feel dizzy, then after i ate my breakfast i vomiting. Then after that i take a rest, then i ate again around 10:30 am but after eat i vomit again, i try to take a rest again, around 3:30pm i ate bread and small amount of rice and drink water. Then after 30min eting i sleep, wake up around 5:30pm.then after i feel dizzy and vomit again. Today is 3x vomiting. Please healp me. What should i do?
Posted Thu, 21 Feb 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Nilofer AR 49 minutes later

Thanks for your query,

Vomiting in pregnancy could be due to many reasons.
In your case it could be due to gastrointestinal problems like food poisoning. Nausea associated with vomiting is key.

Since you have mild to moderate vomiting, I recommend you to have plenty of fluids, fruits.
You should prevent dehydration.
Keep a check on fetal counts if you are able to feel them already. If they reduce than the earlier days it is wise to take help.
Eat only fresh and home prepared food.

Contact your doctor if you develop dehydration, pain abdomen and decreased fetal movements. If you have help at home you can wait for the above symptoms before you see at Emergency else I suggest to see doctor now.

Hope this helps. Let me know anytime if you have any further clarifications.

Dr Nilofer