Pregnant. Noticed bleeding. Prescribed olinext, sylate and pregnon. Are these medicine safe?

Infertility Specialist
this is regarding my wife preganancy. she is preganant since 1 month 10 days approx.
yesterday we visited one doctor for checking and they found some bleeding. but my wife didnt find anything like that before. she was unware of that.
doctor suggested following pills/ tablets -
1) folinext
2) sylate - 250
3) ovumax hp 5000 IU
4)pregnon 200

can you help me with any suggestions what we should do?

during first pregnancy she had twins but could not survive due to complications on 8 month. may be premature twins.
Posted Wed, 13 Mar 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 41 minutes later
Hi, thanks for your query. I read your query and I understand your concerns. Its painful to undergo premature delivery of twins and associated complications in previous pregnancy. Convulsions was another problem. I know you have gone through a lot. Following is my reply to current problem :

1) I saw the scan report you have attached. It shows subchorionic hemorrhage. Means, there is bleeding below the gestational sac. 
2) It could be due to threatened abortion: the gestational sac which is seen is trying get aborted. But it seems to have stopped bleeding. Hence it is good news as there is no further bleeding or bleeding outside through vagina. 
3) Your doctor has given you right medicines and those should help your wife. Please continue with same medicines. 
4) If there is visible bleeding, see your doctor again immediately.
5) As of now your wife needs absolute rest both physically and mentally. Hence i advice she has to tale rest without physical exhaustion and be at rest.

I hope I answered your query. I will be available for any follow up query you have.
Dr. Mahesh Koregol 
IVF and Infertility specialist.
Follow-up: Pregnant. Noticed bleeding. Prescribed olinext, sylate and pregnon. Are these medicine safe? 1 hour later
1) Can you please tell me if the baby will be OK?
2) Do we need to take any extra pracuations?
3) In addition to this, I check the injection which was given to my wife yesterday i found there are two medicines out of which one was having exp. dates given on one is Jan13 & other is Apr13. photos attahced.
please let me know what to do?
i checked with medical person and they said we can use the medicine of Jan13 for next 2 to 3 months. i am not sure about this.
following is the details of medicine which has Jan13 date -

highly purified human chorionic gonadotrophin injection I.P. (Ovumax HP)

I am not sure how to handle this situation..
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 16 minutes later
Hi, following is my reply to your questions : 1) Gestational sac is very small and at this stage it is difficult to say whether baby will survive because baby has not got the heart beat yet. Baby can be called as alive only after heart beat is seen which happens around 6 weeks. When there are no features of live baby difficult to predict viability later. 2) I have already mentioned the rest to be taken. No other precautions needed at this stage. 3) XXXXXXX 13 expiry should not be given. Its wrong. Next time insist on not taking expired injections or medicines. You can take April 13 expiry but not XXXXXXX 13. If hospital does not have, take from outside pharmacy store. I hope I answered your query. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol
Follow-up: Pregnant. Noticed bleeding. Prescribed olinext, sylate and pregnon. Are these medicine safe? 4 minutes later
XXXXXXX 13 medicine is already taken yesterday. Will it create any implications?
Answered by Dr. Mahesh Koregol 8 minutes later
Hi, Dont worry about the injection that has already been taken. It is unlikely to cause any adverse reaction. See to it that future injections are properly taken. Regards, Dr. Mahesh Koregol