Pregnant. Having gas problem, unable to sleep. No relief from pan-40 and antacid gel. Any cure?

I am 8weeks pregnant and having severe gas problem, i am not able to sleep or concentrate on my work due to this. Already used "Antacid gel syrup" for one week and now using "pan - 40" since 4 days with doctor advice , but no change in my situation. please suggest something
Posted Mon, 8 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 18 hours later
Hi XXXXXXX and thanks for contacting XXXXXXX
'Gastritis' in early pregnancy is usually due to altered harmones of pregnancy causing increased gastroesophageal reflex. It usually settles off after 12 weeks anf responds to pyridoxine and anti histamines. sleeping in headup and lateral position helps as is frequent small quantity feeds
However I need a better description of the term gastritis - what are the symptoms / is there nausea or vomiting / how is the food intake / urine output / anyother problems - to guide you further