Pregnant. Having abdominal pain. Experiencing sharp muscle pain while walking. Taking Tylenol. Should I be worried?

I am 3 months pregnant with my first baby. A few days ago I started having abdominal pain but it feels muscular so I'm not really worried about miscarrying. Today, those pains became much worse. If I am just in bed it gets better but we are in the middle of moving and whenever I get up, walk around and try to help pack I experience sharp muscle type pain to the right and slightly lower than my belly button every few minutes. The more active I am, the more frequent the pains. Should I be worried? What can I do other than Tylenol?
Posted Thu, 29 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 40 minutes later
Hi, thanks for asking on XXXXXXX

As per your history, it seems to be a superficial muscular pain which are very common in pregnancy but as it is located in lower abdomen either a physical examination or an ultrasound is required for proper diagnosis of condition.

I will suggest you to go for an USG lower abdomen for fetal viability and cervical length and diameter. If these things are normal then you can use pain relieving gel twice or thrice a day along with tylenol.

Good Luck

Hope this information is helpful and informative to you.
If you had any further queries you can directly reach out to me on the following URL:
Follow-up: Pregnant. Having abdominal pain. Experiencing sharp muscle pain while walking. Taking Tylenol. Should I be worried? 4 minutes later
What do you mean by superficial muscular pain? What causes it?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Goyal 20 minutes later
Superficial muscular pain means pain in the outermost layer of muscles of abdomen.
In pregnancy, whole body muscles,joints and ligaments are relaxed and loosened up because of hormonal changes.That is why, pregnant ladies usually have muscular pains.