Pregnant. Have Urine infection. Advised Cansoft and norflox. What precaution to take?

i am ninth month preggy and my due date is 9th July 2013. My baby hasnt dropped and stuck with urine infection pus cells- 18-20 WBC/HPF. culture uine shows organism: Staphylococcus aureus 10,000 colonies grown. My caregiver advised me to take cansoft and Norflox. Can you please me what to do, lill worried about my baby health and the way of delivery. Is Csec is the only option left?

Email address: YYYY@YYYY
Posted Wed, 17 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Urinary tract infection is a common thing in pregnancy as the immunity is suppressed.
You need treatment with antibiotics, but please dont take norflox.
It is not safe for the developing embryo.
You can take cephalosporins.

Dont worry c section wont be required.
Urinary tract infection with staph is not an indication for c section.
Take adequate treatment with antibiotic and then you can go for normal delivery.
Still lot of time is there.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you
Follow-up: Pregnant. Have Urine infection. Advised Cansoft and norflox. What precaution to take? 12 minutes later
My baby hasn't dropped yet. I am 38 weeks and 2 days pregnant. My caregiver told me that if same situation persists she has to go for csec. How much time we'll wait? Ive started squating and walking. Please suggest?

Thank you so much for your revert.

Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 10 minutes later
Thanks for the follow up.
The best thing is to take treatment with injectable cephalosporins for 7 days, following this get a vaginal swab tested for staph.
If the count is under control you can go for normal delivery.
Discuss this point with your treating doctor,

Let me know what your care giver says.
Wishing you all the best.

Thank you