Pregnant. Can i use cytrec? Suggest dosage?

Hey, im 4 weeks pregnant and want to use cytrec please advice me on the dosage, im in saudi arabia now and this is my only solution
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 1 hour later
Can you mention when your last period occurred?
Have you had an ultrasound yet?
Do you want terminate the pregnancy?

Follow-up: Pregnant. Can i use cytrec? Suggest dosage? 25 minutes later
Yes i want to terminate pregnancy, im still a vergin no pentration happened, but he came on my vagina, i was supposed to have my period 7 days ago, and our intercourse with my man happened 22 march. I only have cytotec . Please reply fast thank you. I didnt have ultra sound but did the home urine test 3 times and showed 2 lines, it means that im pregnant.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 10 minutes later
First i think an ultrasound is necessary to date the pregnancy accurately and rule out ectopic pregnancy. Abortion pills dont work well beyond a certain gestation period.
Next you should know that misoprostol only wont be very effective.There is a combination of mefepristone and misoprostol that is available as MTPill. That can be obtained by prescription. Mifepristone has to be taken orally and misoprost is given vaginally after 48hrs,can be repeated after 24 hrs.
Important to note that,your bleeding profile/liver function test should be normal.
In case of incomplete abortion,or heavy bleeding,surgical evacuation has to be done to avoid complications.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Can i use cytrec? Suggest dosage? 7 minutes later
Im sure that im not more than a month, since before being with him i had a normal period, if im vergin how can use vaginsl pills? And i only have cytotec.
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 5 minutes later
Cytotec is misoprostol but it wont work by itself.You need to use mifepristone also otherwise there is more chances of incomplete evacuation. You should consult a doctor if possible for the prescription.If you have incomplete abortion,you will have to go to the hospital for surgical evacuation.

Vaginal use is recommended for better action,because orally taken,again there may be incomplete action.

Follow-up: Pregnant. Can i use cytrec? Suggest dosage? 6 minutes later
But can i enter the pills if im vergin?
Answered by Dr. Rhea Chanda 2 minutes later
Its difficult to get pregnant if there is no penetration.If if that did happen,the pills can be inserted with an applicator or even by hand.