Pregnant. Baby was crazy active last. Ant now can feel decrease fetal movement. Suggest?

36 weeks pregnant on Wednesday. Baby was crazy active last night for 6 hours straight. Normal activity today. Much mellower tonight. I can still count 10 - 20 kicks in an hour but I usually get 50 - 100 or truly uncountable between 12-2 am because it is constant. Is it time to worry? He did sleep for 1 hour from 7-8pm.
Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 1 hour later
Normally decreased fetal movement is reason to worry, not increased foetal movement. Every baby is different in its activity. Normally at 36 weeks of pregnancy baby head are engaged so fetal movement may decreased but in your case they are increased and more in night period. Reasons for increased fetal movement in my opinion are-
1) You are more relaxed at this time so you feel more movement.
2) Your sugar level may decreased in night, it may cause increased movement.
3) You have more amniotic fluid.
4) Your baby is small.
5) Your baby head is still not engaged.
You do not worry about baby increased movement, you should get your regular check-ups with your gynecologist and ultrasonography done to see fetal well being because you can go in premature labour with increased fetal movement because you are in advanced age.
Hope I have answered your query if you have further questions I will be happy to help you.
Wishing you safe and happy motherhood.
Good luck.
Dr. Richa