Posture related lower back pain. Need advice on diet, exercise and precautionary measures

Hi Doctor,

I am Ruchita,Height :-5'5'' ,Wt;-61kg & Age:-23.I am having lower back pain from last 1 month.I am in an IT job for which I have to sit atleast for 09:30 hrs.I never had any physical fitness complaints in past.Even in my family no one have this problem.
Currently I do small exercises like bending at backside and sleeping on mattress placed on a flat surface but still not founding any improvement.

Please suggest me proper precautions,exercise & diet which I need to take as I want to cure it before it reaches its severe stage.Also I am a vegetarian , can u please suggest me proper diet accordingly.

Thank You.
Posted Sun, 29 Apr 2012 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 1 hour later

Thanks for posing the query.

Low backache is very common and often self limiting. Normally small remedial measures like proper rest, local heat, anti inflammatory drugs are enough to make it all right.

If the problem doesn't resolve then you have to consult the doctor for proper history of your symptoms, proper physical examination and necessary investigations.

The causes for pain at your age could be prolapsed disc, trauma, fractures, ankylosing spondylitis, spodylolisthesis (forward shift of one vertebra over another).

Necessary investigations could be CBC (Complete Blood count), CRP (C - reactive protein), HLA-B27, X-ray lumbosacral spine and possibly MRI (Magnetic Resonant Imaging) of the lower spine, if required.

Since treating somebody online is not possible, I have tried to enlighten you.

We have experienced dietitians who can design Personalized Weight Management Program with Diet Plan and Exercise at this link: WWW.WWWW.WW
If anything you want to ask more, you are welcome.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Thanks and wish you good luck.