Positive pregnancy test, precautions taken during sex, delayed periods. Abortion medication ?

Question
Hi doctor, I'm 22yrs old. I need to get period these week i.e. from 24oct-27oct but, my pregnancy test was positive but i have taken all safety measure during my sex. I don't want to get pregnant now. Is there any way that pregnancy test may be false? or suggest me to avoid pregnancy
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Women's Health
Follow-up: Positive pregnancy test, precautions taken during sex, delayed periods. Abortion medication ? 2 minutes later
Suggest me any medicine which can kill my pregnancy.

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 44 minutes later
Hello.

Thanks for posting the query.

Most of the doctors advise the patients to wait till 1 week of the missed period before taking the urine pregnancy test.

Urine pregnancy test is about 97% accurate. False positive test results may be due to errors of test application or use of certain drugs.

I advice you to repeat the test after two days again using morning/first urine sample. If it comes still positive, then consult OBG specialist.

Medical termination of pregnancy is possible, that is using drugs like Mefipristone and Misoprostole. These drugs should be taken under supervision of doctor. Self consumption is XXXXXXX

Hope I have answered all your questions. I will be available for follow up queries if any.

Regards.

Follow-up: Positive pregnancy test, precautions taken during sex, delayed periods. Abortion medication ? 4 hours later
Hi sir,

I have taken DOLO-650 last day as i was suffering with head ache.

Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 6 hours later

Thank you again for writing back.

Dolo 650 contains paracetamol, it is an analgesic (pain reliever) and antipyretic (fever reducer).

If you consumed for pain relief its perfectly fine. and it has nothing to do with the urine pregnancy test.