Polycystic ovary condition. Taking pills to regularize periods. Will it be difficult to get pregnant?

i was wondering if im a under the correct impresion about my ovary condition? my polycystic ovary condition, my doctor says that it will be difficult getting pregnant that it will have to get some treatment, basically really work for it.i never have ask for a second opinion but with that condition is that a usual situation?my entire life i had issues with my period as a teenager it lasted for weeks and then sometimes a year will go by without it. only when at my 20's when i started to have sex i look for a doctor and the pills got me on a regular cicle that is why i never stop taken them even when im not having would that be correct idea that getting pregnant will de difficult?
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 2 hours later
PCOD is a common problem in today's life due to sedentary habit & taking heavy & fast food.
It can cause irregular periods by creating anovulatory (egg is not released) condition & that condition can create difficulty in conception. It is not right to say that PCOD patients would not get pregnant, we have seen thousands of patients who conceived after the diagnosis of PCOD and adopted good lifestyle and treatment. So do not lose hope and I suggest you to hold on a good thought of getting pregnant.
First thing to control PCOD is weight reduction & regular exercise.
If problem still persists, then medication like metformin is started.
If you want to get pregnant, stop your contraceptive pills & consult your doctor for local examination & get some investigations like random blood sugar, LH, FSH & estrogen level done for further evaluation.

I hope your query has been answered. I will be available to solve your further queries. In case you are satisfied with my answer, then please close the discussion by rating it.

Dr.Monika choudhary