Planning to conceive, HSG normal, Letros injection, harmful to baby ?

Posted Thu, 12 Apr 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

thanks for query.

Letros is new drug used in the treatment of infertility.There were some unconfirmed reports about this drug causing birth defects but they lack evidence at present.

There is no concrete data about this drug causing birth defects when used before pregnancy.There is not reason to worry about this.

Giving ovulation inducing drugs and then HCG after wards to induce rupture of follicle is common practice.

None of this will cause any harm to baby.Before and after conceiving your thyroid must be under control for pregnancy to happen and then continue uneventful.

I hope I have answered your query,I will be available for follow up.